Information collected by our server
When you visit this site, our server logs the following information provided by your browser (which does not personally identify you);
– The type of browser and operating system you are using the previous site that you visited.
– Your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet: usually one of your service provider’s machines).
– Your visit’s date and time, which pages of our website you visited and any documents you downloaded.
Cookies are small files that a web server can store on your computer through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the system to recognise your browser, capture and remember certain information.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and interactions in order to offer better experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Since browsers can be different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn how to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin. For more information visit the Google advertising privacy & terms page – http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
The Google Analytics feature ‘Demographics & Interest Reports’ is implemented on this website. This feature allows us to better understand who our users are for users that have demographics associated with them. Motorplan and our agencies use first-party cookies (such as Google Analytics cookies) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies to collect website user information for the purposes of analysing website traffic and visitor behaviour.
Collection of Personal Information
How we use Personal Information
Motorplan collects personal information for a range of purposes relating to its products and services including;
- Responding to enquiries regarding vehicle sales, financing and any other enquiry made
- Receiving feedback and resolution of complaints
- Processing orders and administering accounts
- Considering job applicants for current and future employment
- Vehicle warranties and product recalls
- Marketing and promotional activities
- Improving your customer experience and our marketing, including data analytics and research
- Meeting our regulatory and legal obligations
We may also use your information for other purposes required or authorised by law (including purposes for which you have provided your consent).
In conducting our activities we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties. Examples of these organisations are;
- Insurance Companies
- A contractor to provide a particular service on our behalf
- Roads and Traffic Authority – for registration purposes
Examples of some the organisations that we contract to are;
- Printers for marketing material
- Information technology service providers
- Organisations that assist us in promotions and marketing
- Accountants, lawyers and other service providers
Security of your Personal Information
- Any Personal Information you provide to purchase merchandise on-line, including Credit Card details will be protected by 128 bit Encryption Security provided by a Thawte SuperCert.
- To view this site securely, you need a browser such as Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer displaying a symbol such as a key or lock, to show you are in secure mode; if not, a warning will appear.
- Please note despite the high level of security installed on this website, we cannot guarantee that any e-mail is secure.
- Your credit card details will not be stored after the completion of the transaction.
Access to your Personal Information
If you would like further information, have any queries, wish to access your personal information or opt out of direct marketing you can contact Motorplan via the email address below.
Changes to the statement
We reserve the right to change our Privacy Statement. A revised Privacy Statement will only apply to data collected subsequent to its effective date.
Privacy Officer email address: email@example.com